AT-KABUL: Unknown gunmen opened fire on worshipers in a mosque in eastern Nangarhar province killing two people wounded another, said an official source on Monday.
Spokesman for the provincial governor office, Ahmad Zia Abdulzai, said that unidentified gunmen entered a mosque in Kabul Camp area of Rodat district in the province and opened fire on worshipers. He added all victims of the incident were civilians.
Abdulzai said that security forces have launched an investigation into the incident in order to identify and arrested those involved in the attack.
No one has claimed responsibility for the attack so far.
Religious scholars believe that such terror attacks in mosques were in complete negation of Islamic instructions.