MoPH says 327 injured were shifted to hospitals
By Farhad Naibkhel-KABUL: At least 28 people were killed and 180 others mostly civilians injured in Kabul blast on Tuesday morning, officials said.
“First an explosives-laden truck was blown up in the Pul-e-Mahmoud Khan neighborhood near a security office and latter an attacker started firing in the area,” Kabul police chief Abdul Rahman Rahimi said, adding that the second attacker was gunned down by police.
“At least 28 people were killed in the incident and 180 others mostly civilians were injured in the incident,” Rahimi said.
Military personal were also killed and injured, he said.
The blast was too heavy, as it shuttered glasses of nearby shops and houses and damaged vehicles.
Ismail Kawosi, spokesman for the ministry of public health, said that 327 people had been wounded.
President Ashraf Ghani in a statement condemned the attack.
“Such attacks show the weakness of Taliban in face to face fighting with Afghan forces,” Ghani was quoted as saying by the statement.
He ordered to health ministry to exert utmost efforts for treatment of wounded people of the incident.
“Today’s terrorist attack in Kabul is a clear sign of terrorists’ hostility and enmity against the Afghan People,” chief executive Abdullah Abdullah twitted.
Ministry of Interior asked the people to cooperate with police in arresting of suspected terrorist in the country.
Taliban claimed responsibility for the attack.
Taliban Spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid said that a truck full of explosive was blown up in front of unit 10 of national directorate of security and latter fighters stormed inside the unit compound. The fighters were armed with light and heavy weapons.