Home / Latest Updates / 29 injured in Kabul blasts

29 injured in Kabul blasts

AT-KABUL: At least 29 people were injured in two suicide attacks on Monday in the capital city, Kabul.

The first suicide attack took place near the Hamid Karzai International Airport. Fortunately, no casualty was reported.

Chief of the 101st Asmayee security zone, Lt. Gen. Abdul Rahman Rahimi, told media that only the suicide attacker was killed in the blast. He said that a suicide bomber driving an explosive-laden car detonated the vehicle at 11:30am when police at the Hawashanasei road signaled him to stop for snap checking.

In the second blast, at least 29 people were injured. It is feared that the casualties might increase. Confirming the casualties, the public relations director of the health ministry Ismail Kawsi told Afghanistan Times that women are also among the injured. The two blasts took place in the same area.

Medical aid group Emergency, which runs a hospital in the capital city, told Afghanistan Times that five injured including two women were received. The aid group said that condition of one victim was critical.

According to security officials, a mini truck filled with explosives was detonated near Camp Baron, a heavily guarded residential complex for civilian technical contractors close to the Hamid Karzai International Airport. The blast damaged the nearby houses.

The NATO’s Resolute Support spokesman, Col. Michael Lawhorn, said that they are aware of the reports and being updated by the Afghans as appropriate. “At this time there are no reports of Resolute Support casualties,” he said in media statement issued here.

Last week, one person was killed and 33 others were injured in a suicide blast near the airport. Target of the bomber was a convoy of foreign forces.

About admin

Check Also

High Council for National Reconciliation holds first maiden meeting

By Farhad Naibkhel KABUL: A number of Afghan leaders and influential figures including former President …

Leave a Reply