Home / Nation / 79 development projects to be launched in rural areas

79 development projects to be launched in rural areas

AT-KABUL: Ministry of Rural Rehabilitation and Development (MoRRD) announced Tuesday that 79 development projects would be launched in 22 provinces’ villages.

“Acting Minister of Rural Rehabilitation and Development signed agreements of 79 development projects, which totally would cost 205 million Afs,” it said in a statement.

These projects are to provide 159,617 work days, which will be helpful in decreasing of unemployment in the villages, according to the statement.

Government and Asian Development Bank grants the 90 percent of the budget and local people are responsible for the rest 10 percent budget for implementation of the project in the villages, according to the ministry that added that 945,979 persons would be benefited in the villages.

The project will be implemented in Bamyan, Badakhshan, Baghlan, Paktia, Paktika, Panjshir, Parwan, Takhar, Jawzjan, Khost, Ghazni, Sar-e-Pul, Samangan, Ghor, Kandahar, Kapisa, Kunar, Logar, Maidan Wardak, Nangarhar and Kabul provinces.

About admin

Check Also

Floods to hammer parts of Afghanistan amid heavy rains

AT News KABUL: The hydrometeorology department warns that torrential rainfall would cause floods in several …

Leave a Reply