8 dead as bomb hits bus in Farah
By Farhad Naibkhel-KABUL: At least eight passengers embraced martyrdom and 40 others sustained injuries after a passenger bus, heading to Kabul from Herat province, struck a roadside bomb in western Farah province on Tuesday early morning, officials said.
“A roadside bomb blast hit a bus in Lakshak area of Farah Rod in Balablok district at around 4:30am today, killing eight of its passengers and injuring 40 others, who had been taken to the hospital,” Farah Governor’s Spokesman Naser Mehri told Afghanistan Times.
A woman was among the dead passengers and some women and children were among the injured, he said, adding that the enemy had buried the mine on the road side to sabotage security.
He said that wounded people shifted to the hospital for treatment and investigation started over the incident.
Roadside bomb placing is one of the main reasons for civilian casualties; Afghan people often were witnessed of such tragedies in different provinces. Though there was no immediate claim of responsibility, but roadside bombs are commonly Taliban and Daesh tactics.
President Ghani in a statement issued by presidential palace strongly condemned the mine burying action by the enemies.
Condoling with the victim families, he prayed for the soul of the martyrs and quick recovery of wounded passengers.
President also called placing roadside mine against all Islamic and humanitarian values.
AT News KABUL: An international conference on Afghanistan hosted by Russia on Wednesday involving senior …