Afghanistan rejects Kabulov’s remarks as “baseless propaganda”
AT-KABUL: The government of Afghanistan rejected the statements made by Russia’s speciall representative for Afghanistan, Zamir Kabulov that the Taliban are controlling around 50 per cent of the country’s ground as baseless propaganda.
Mohammad Radmanesh, spokesman of defense ministry said Monday that the security forces have control on the whole country except 11 districts that are under Taliban control.
“Such statements are mostly propaganda. We have enough capacity against all terrorist groups and have control of all provincial capitals. We have control on the entire country except 11 districts,” said Radmanesh.
He added that security forces were capable to confront all terrorist groups and would not allow any group to carry out terrorist attacks.
Kabulov had earlier told Russian news agency TASS that Taliban were controlling more than 50 per cent of Afghan soil and people were happy with their judicial performances.
He had also claimed that the Daesh terrorist group has 10,000 fighters in Afghanistan’s nine provinces mostly the northern areas.
But, Radmanesh said that Daesh was defeated in Kunar, Norristan and Jawzjan and are only in the mountainous valleys of Nangarhar province.
According to Kabulov, Russian government plans to invited representatives from the government of Afghanistan and Taliban to hold talks in Moscow in September.
The government spokesmen were not available to comment and Taliban said commenting on this would be premature.
“Russia and Iran do not want peace comes to Afghanistan. They have their own conditions and their main condition is that the NATO should pull out its troops from Afghanistan,” said senator, Asef Seddiqi.
AT News KABUL: The European Union is planning to reopen its diplomatic mission in Afghanistan …