A distraught man is carried following a suicide attack in Kabul, Afghanistan, Thursday, Dec. 28, 2017. Authorities say attackers stormed the Shiite Muslim cultural center in the Afghan capital Kabul, setting off multiple bombs and killing dozens. (AP Photo/Rahmat Gul)
Civilians suffered most casualties in military raids in September: Watchdog
AT-KABUL: Civilian Protection Advocacy Group (CPAG) on Tuesday said that civilians suffered most casualties in offensives launched by security forces in September.
The watchdog in its monthly report said that most casualties beside targeted killings have been inflicted on civilians as a result of air and ground operations of security forces, which have raised public concerns.
The watchdog called on the government to stop harming civilians during nighttime operations and take serious steps to prevent civilian casualties in Afghanistan.
Nearly 123 civilians suffered casualties in 12 provinces of the country as a result of Afghan and foreign air and ground operations, in which at least 103 people were martyred and 20 others wounded including women and children.
According to CPAG, massive casualties happened to civilians in 20 provinces of the country in September when more than 240 people were martyred and more than 350 others wounded.
During the period, Nangarhar witnessed most of casualty toll; 68 people were killed and 165 others wounded when a suicide bomber targeted a public rally in the Momand Dara district.
Kabul also witnessed bloody attacks which killed at least 21 people, including two reporters, and wounded 87 others. A civil society activist was killed in Kandahar attack and a Wolesi Jirga candidate was killed in targeted killing in Kabul and another one wounded.
Last month, the group said, 785 civilians suffered casualties—262 martyred and 524 injured.
Dr. Matin Royeen Ph.D. The current peace discussions between Taliban and the Afghan representatives in …