Cycle of violence; Over 50 dead, more than 100 wounded in Nangarhar bombings
AT Monitoring Desk-JALALABAD: Over 50 have been killed, and more than 100 others received injures in separate acts of violence within two days in eastern Nangarhar province. Death toll from Saturday evening blast in the Ghazi Amnullah Khan’s township of eastern Nangarhar province had jumped to 36 and 65 others injured, an official said on Sunday.
The blast took place in a gathering which marked the ongoing truce between government and the Taliban.
Public Health Director Najibullah Kamawal confirmed to Pajhwok 36 people had been killed and over sixty injured in the blast.
According to Governor Spokesman Attaullah Khogyani, the blast triggered by a Rocket-Propelled Grenade (RPG), fired by the Taliban.
Earlier, he claimed 25 people were killed and 54 others injured.
In second blast on Sunday, at least 18 civilians were killed and 45 others wounded in a suicide bombing at the governor’s compounded in Jalalabad city, said Najibullah Kamawal, head of Nangarhar’s health department.
According to TOLONews, A suicide bomber detonated his explosives close to the governor’s compound in Jalalabad city in eastern Nangarhar province on Sunday afternoon, local officials confirmed.
The attack took place in PD1 in Jalalabad at about 3pm local time.
No group including the Taliban has claimed responsibility for the attack yet.
AT News KABUL: The National Hydrometeorology Department, warns of torrential rainfall and flash floods in …