AT News Report-KABUL: In a clearing operation carried out against the Taliban insurgents in Bati Kot district of eastern Nangarhar provinces, five insurgents have been killed and seven other received injuries, provincial official said on Friday.
It has been 24 hours that ongoing clearing operation is underway in the district to fully eradicate the Taliban militants.
The provincial governor, Attaullah Khogyani told Pajhwok Afghan News the joint offensive involved personnel from the national army, police, intelligence and uprising forces. He said some landmines were detected and defused during the operation.
The governor’s spokesman said the security forces or civilians had so far suffered no casualties during the operation.