Home / Latest Updates / Military offensive against militants in Tagab ended

Military offensive against militants in Tagab ended

AT Monitoring Desk-KABUL:  An operation launched against anti-statement elements in Tagab district of Badakhshan province has completed, sources said.

The provincial police chief Lal Mohammad Ahmadzai said on Wednesday that the district was cleared from insurgents by the Afghan National Security Forces (ANSF).

“Fifty-one insurgents were killed and 21 others from Tajikistan, Uzbekistan and Kyrgyzstan were held during the operation. There are no militants in Tagab now,” Ahmadzai said. He added that security check-posts had been established to help improve security and prevent insurgents from sneaking into district once again.

It’s worth mentioning the ANSF are making indefatigable efforts by launching different crackdowns nationwide in a bid to make secure Afghanistan from the menace of insurgents.

About admin

Check Also

Two women gang raped by MP’s bodyguards in Kapisa

AT News KABUL: A number of bodyguards to a lawmaker gang raped two women in …

Leave a Reply