By Farhad Naibkhel-KABUL: The Attorney General Office (AGO) on Thursday said that Mirza-Olang brutally massacre by Taliban and Daesh will be investigated seriously in Northern Sar-e-Pul province.
“We and our colleague declare to start a serious, broad and exact investigation for Mirza-Olang cruelly civilian bloodshed,” said Attorney General of Afghanistan Farid Hamidi.
He said that massacre has shock conscience of humanitarian in 21th century.
Initial reports reveal that it was an act against humanitarian, he added.
He ensured people and government for conducting an independent, sincere and transparent investigation in Mirza-Olang.
He insisted that the perpetrators of the incident will be brought before justice, even if they are inside or outside the country.
The militants after capturing Mirza-Olang village on Saturday have killed more than 50 villagers including women and children, while taking more than 150 families in captivity for the past four days, according to local officials.
Over 200 civilians, who had been trapped in Taliban and Daesh captivity in the village were rescued after four days.
The villagers, mostly children, women and elderly people, who spent four days under militants’ captivity, were released with the mediation of local elders, today afternoon.
Army combatant big convoy reached on Wednesday to Sayad district of Sar-e-Pul to recapture Mirzolang the area has been fallen to Taliban and Daesh Saturday.
Also over 400 families displaced from Mirza-Olang village to the nearby districts in Sar-e-Pul.
However Taliban had rejected civilians’ massacre and said only 28 pro-government fighters had been killed in face to face battle and no more people were harmed after they took the village.