I did not ask for no-balls: Salman Butt
LAHORE: Former captain Salman Butt has presented before the media the record relating to text messages between former pacer Mohammad Aamir and agent Mazhar Majeed, Geo News reported.
Addressing a press conference here on Friday, Salman Butt said, the forensic report of the cell phones was received after the ICC's verdict.
Butt claimed he did not ask anyone for no-balls.
The former captain further added, that he did not get justice from the Court in England. He demanded that the Chief Justice of Pakistan and the independent courts of Pakistan to take notice and provide justice to him.
The 27-year-old was found guilty by both the game's governing body and a British court; of orchestrating deliberate no-balls through two of his bowlers during the 2010 Lord's Test against England.
Butt told reporters, he will challenge the ICC ban, ten years in all with five suspended years, in the Court of Arbitration for Sports (CAS) based in Switzerland.
"I have written to the CAS to take up my appeal but the cost of this whole process is very expensive and I cannot afford that and need support," said Butt.
"The ICC banned me before the forensic evidence came," said Butt of the mobile phone data of his conversation and SMS with Majeed to strike the deal. "The evidence came after ten months but the ICC banned me before that."
"I am holding this press conference to prove my innocence and I gave my viewpoint before and I am before the media once again, I want to prove that I have no links with the spot-fixing case." (Geo Urdu/AFP)
Sharif seeks improved relations with Kabul
KABUL: Following his landslide victory in Pakistanâ€™s parliamentary elections, Mian Nawaz Sharif on Sunday promised efforts at improving Islamabad-Kabul relations. In recent weeks, ties between.... READ MORE
Taliban free 4 of 8 Turkish engineers
KABUL: The Taliban have freed four of the Turkish engineers they had kidnapped last month in central Logar province, Afghan and Turkish officials said on Sunday. On April 21, the Taliban kidnapp.... READ MORE
MPs suggest rethink on Pakistan policy
KABUL: Members of the Meshrano Jirga -- or upper house of the parliament -- on Sunday said the incoming Pakistan government would not help Afghanistan and asked the Karzai administration to revie.... READ MORE
Karzai hopes new Pak govt to help fight terror
KABUL: President Hamid Karzai on Sunday telephoned Pakistan Muslim League (PML-N) chief Mian Nawaz Sharif and congratulated him his â€śclear victoryâ€ť in the elections. Karzai described Sharifâ.... READ MORE
Iranian guardsâ€™ fire being probed: Musazai
KABUL: The Foreign Ministry said it was dispatching a delegation to Iran on Sunday to investigate reported casualties among Afghans at the hands of Iranian guards near the shared border. At leas.... READ MORE
Balochs vow to resist aggression
KABUL: The Council of Baloch Elders of Afghanistan on Sunday voiced their support for the government in guarding the country's borders against Pakistani intrusions. At a meeting with President H.... READ MORE
Hundreds rally against Pakistan, Iran
FARAH CITY: Hundreds of people, mostly former jihadi leaders, on Sunday rallied against Pakistan and Iran, accusing the neighbouring countries of killing and torturing innocent Afghans. Nearly 5.... READ MORE
Abducted MDC workers shifted to Tirah
JALALABAD: The eleven employees of a mine-clearing organisation, who were abducted from the Achin district of Nangarhar province, have been taken to Pakistanâ€™s northwestern Tirah Valley, offici.... READ MORE
Iran and blame the victim game
Tehran is continuously interfering in Afghanistan and pressurizing Kabul under one pretext or the other. Iran’s meddling into our internal affairs while giving it name of concern as Tehran did it recently when its ambassa...