Home / Latest Updates / Over 32,000 complaints addressed in communication sector: MoTIT

Over 32,000 complaints addressed in communication sector: MoTIT

By Farhad Naibkhel-KABUL: Ministry of Telecommunication and Information Technology (MoTIT) on Sunday said that it has recorded and addressed 32,287 complaints regarding communication and internet services so far this year.

“The complaints were regarding over charges, improper and unsuccessful communication services as well as low quality of communication services,” said spokesman of MoTIT Yasin Samim.

He said that several joint sessions had been held by the ministry with the communication companies and informed them of mentioned challenges.

Pointing to $128 million fines over communication companies in the past years, Samim said that 64 million dollars were poured to the government revenue this year.

Additionally $2.6 million fine imposed over MTN Company as well as 6.5 million over those cluster operating through unregistered SIM boxes, he added.

He elaborated that unregistered SIM Cards were another challenge for MoTIT as well as for security issues, thus the ministry step up efforts to make a system and solve the problem.

The MoTIT made the system and will start registration of all unregistered SIM Cards in coming year, he claimed.

He termed insecurity one of the main challenges which marred communication progress and monitoring operations in the aspect.

He stated that 44 communication sites were removed and 400 others closed temporarily due to insecurity issues.

Telecommunication projects halted in northeastern and southern provinces due to security challenges, he asserted.

Damaged or lack of road alignment in some provinces like Nooristan and Badakhshan provinces also a hurdle ahead of telecommunication projects, he mentioned.

Hinting to achievements, he said that government had assigned a target of 4.4 Afs billion for the year revenue, which the ministry crossed the target and increased the income to 5.9 billion.

About admin

Check Also

Commandos deployed in Wardak amid increasing Taliban attacks

AT News KABUL: The ministry of defense says a unit of the army’s commandos was …

Leave a Reply