AT-KABUL: A roadside bomb blast left five people dead in southern Kandahar province on Tuesday, said an official source.
Zia Durani, a spokesman for Kandahar police, said that the incident took place in the area between Marouf and Arghistan districts of the province, when a civilian vehicle struck a roadside bomb. The bomb blast killed five civilians and wounded three others, including a woman and a child, he added.
Durani said that the bomb was placed by the Taliban. However, the group hasn’t accepted the reasonability of the blast so far.
It is worth mentioning that roadside bombs placed by militants frequently result in killing of innocent civilians.