AT Monitoring Desk-KABUL: Zamir Kabulov, special representative of the President of the Russian Federation to Afghanistan alleged the “American campaign” has failed in “this Central Asian” country.
Izvestia, a Russian daily newspaper wrote that Moscow considers the US campaign in Afghanistan to be a failure.
Therefore, as Zamir Kabulov, Russia’s special envoy for Afghanistan, told the paper, the US needs to withdraw its contingent from a country that is in fact already a “global incubator of international terrorism.”
Moreover, the Russian Federation is against sending US mercenaries to a private military company in Afghanistan, according to Izvestia’s article.
Special Representative of the President of the Russian Federation for Afghanistan, Director of the Second Asia Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation, Zamir Kabulov, told Izvestia that Moscow does not see the need for further finding of the American contingent in the territory of this Central Asian country.
“Moscow never hurried the withdrawal of US troops from Afghanistan. But since the US Army cannot do anything, let them leave Afghanistan. The American campaign in Afghanistan failed. Afghanistan can become a global incubator of international terrorism,” Kabulov said.
Also, Russia opposes the replacement of the regular US army by mercenaries in Afghanistan, which has been increasingly discussed in the military circles of Washington recently.
“The US is in despair, and its plans to replace the professional military with mercenaries are stupid. It will not lead to anything good: mercenaries will simply run. They recruit them for money from around the world. How are they going to fight against the Taliban?” the diplomat noted.
Against the backdrop of the deteriorating situation in Afghanistan, Washington intends to increase its military presence. At the same time, the White House is considering the possibility of sending mercenaries to this country, which in the future could replace the regular servicemen operating in Afghan territory. The head of the largest Asademi PMC (founded in 1997 under the name Blackwater) Eric Prince offered the US administration a two-year plan, according to which, about 5.5 thousand mercenaries can be deployed in Afghanistan and about 90 military aircraft. Its implementation will cost the US authorities about $ 10 billion. In particular, in Afghanistan it is proposed to create an analogue of the East India campaign, with the help of which the United Kingdom at one time colonized India. According to Eric Prince, it is necessary to establish a new post and appoint a person who will be responsible for everything that happens in Afghanistan and obey directly to the US president.
“All this is very similar to colonial policy. Eric Prince has already offered to restore the East India Company. Afghanistan is just a colony for them,” said Zamir Kabulov.
The United States has been operating in Afghanistan since 2001. Currently, there are about 8,500 American servicemen in the country, whose main task is training of Afghan soldiers in the fight against terrorist groups. But despite the length of the US military presence, the situation in the country has not yet stabilized.
Today, the radicals control about 40% of the entire Afghan territory. This year, one of the biggest terrorist acts in the history of Afghanistan occurred, when on May 31, in the elite area of Wazir-Akbar-Khan in Kabul, about 100 people were killed and 500 were injured. And in early August, as a result of the terrorist attack against the military convoy of NATO forces, two US servicemen were killed.
The final decision to send mercenaries to Afghanistan or increase the military contingent has not yet been taken. Previously, the US already used the services of PMCs in Iraq. “Soldiers of Fortune” have an ambiguous reputation. Suffice it to recall how in 2007 Blackwater employees shot civilians in one of the squares of Baghdad.
By George Asatryan Dmitry Laru, Izvestia