Home / Latest Updates / Seven killed, scores wounded in Parwan blast

Seven killed, scores wounded in Parwan blast

AT-KABUL: At least seven civilians were killed and 29 wounded Tuesday when a suicide bomber detonated his explosive-laden motorcycle in a busy area of the Seyagerd district in Parwan province, officials said.

“The bomber was identified by the security forces, but unfortunately, he managed blow himself up,” said provincial police chief Mohammad Zaman Mamozai.

Another official in the province said that six people including a woman were killed and 24 wounded. “Women and children were also among the wounded,” Wahid Seddiqi, provincial spokesman said.

No militant outfit including the Taliban insurgents who often carry out such attacks, claimed responsibility for the attack.

The attack comes at a time when heavy rains and flash floods inflicted heavy losses to the Parwan residents. Due to heavy rains and flash floods in seven districts, 80 houses were partly destroyed. Last year, 15 people including women and children were killed by avalanches in Parwan and Takhar provinces.

Five people in Sighan area of Seyagerd district, three members of a family in Shinwari district’s Kafshan Dara area, two in Salang district’s Kolama Dara area and two people in Charikar city had lost their lives due to natural disasters, according to reports.

President Ashraf Ghani in a statement “strongly” condemned the attack.

“Attack against the civilians and publics places is an unforgivable crime, which could not be justified in any religion,” the president was quoted by the statement as saying.

About admin

Check Also

Authorities to clamp down on illegal mining in Parwan

AT News KABUL: Officials in Parwan province assure to prevent illegal mine extractions. The comments …

Leave a Reply