Six civilians, five Taliban killed in Nuristan airstrike
AT-KABUL: An airstrike on a suspected Taliban house in the eastern Nuristan province has caused casualties, including civilians, officials said Tuesday.
Unfortunately, six civilians, including a children was killed in the airstrike carried out in Waygal district, Provincial Governor Spokesman, Mohammad Sayed Mohmand told Afghanistan Times.
“An airstrike targeted a residential house on Monday at around 04:00pm local time has killed five Taliban insurgents,” he said, adding the strike occurred in suspected area where the insurgents is active.
However, the source of airstrike is not clear yet. Both Afghan and foreign forces rejected their involvements.
Defense Ministry Spokesman, Mohammad Radmanish was unaware about the airstrike as they received no such news so far. But he said if any operation has taken place might be conducted by US forces.
Reacting to the operation, the US forces said they have not carried such operation.
US Forces-Afghanistan Spokesman, Martin O’Donnell said, “US forces did not conduct a strike in Nuristan province on Monday Night.”
However, civilians are the worst victim of airstrikes whether launch by Afghan or Foreign forces. Efforts have to be taken to halt killing civilians as they suffered a lot. Civilian deaths in Afghanistan is a big concern and must not be treated as simply that no one wants to talk about it.
AT News The Afghan government’s Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock under the Taliban leadership …