Home / Latest Updates / Taliban sustain heavy casualties in ‘Shafaq’ operation: MoD

Taliban sustain heavy casualties in ‘Shafaq’ operation: MoD

AT-KABUL: Ministry of Defense on Saturday said that the Shafaq operation was going on successfully and the Afghan forces imposed heavy casualties over Taliban across the country.

“Afghan forces are moving forwards in the Shafaq crackdown and the Taliban have fled different areas across the country in the past two weeks,” said chief of army staff Qadam Shah Shahim.

He said in a press conference that Taliban struggled by conducting attacks on different provinces to capture areas, but they faced heavy resistance from Afghan forces.

He insisted that the Shafaq operation was on right path and coordination was on high alert between Afghan forces.

He highlighted that Taliban sustain heavy casualties in Kunduz, Herat, Helmand Uruzgan, Ghazni and Logar provinces, but did not elaborate.

Shafaq operation began last month in different provinces.

Shahim termed Taliban’s operation Omari “only a propaganda”.

Deputy of Minister of Interior Abdurahman Rahman, said that Afghan forces were well prepared to defend the country.

Pointing to a child killed by kidnappers in Kabul, he said that 10 people were arrested on the charge.

He said that police would complete documents and would hand them over to judiciary.

Those police officials who found guilty in case of kidnapped child will be suspended, he added.

Deputy Chairman of the National Security Council Faizullah Zaki, said that government will seriously monitor the case of killing of kidnaped child and will punish the perpetrators.

About admin

Check Also

Trader found dead in Kabul

AT News KABUL: The dead body of a young trader was found in Kabul River …

Leave a Reply