AT Monitoring Desk-KABUL: Nearly 14 Daesh (ISIS) fighters have been killed and several others injured during a military operation in eastern Nangarhar province, said local officials on Saturday.
Commander of 201 Selab Military Corp, Mohammad Nasim Sangin, said that the ongoing military operation in Achin district to eradicate the militants was launched a month ago in which hundreds of insurgents had been killed and dozens others were injured. He said that the security forces were moving forward successfully to eliminate the insurgents. “The security forces have cleared a number of villages from the militants,” he added. He said that there were no casualties to security troops and civilians in the clashes.
Border police commander in eastern Afghanistan, Ayub Hussain, said that a number of Pakistani militants were also among those killed.
He added that security forces have also recovered a number of heavy weapons from the ISIS militants.
It is worth mentioning that some security officials in Nangarhar said that after facing defeat in the province Daesh militants have now turned its focus to Kunar province.