Home / Latest Updates / Balkh blast leaves two dead

Balkh blast leaves two dead

AT News

KABUL: Local officials in northern Balkh province on Monday said that at least one civilian and a security personnel have been killed in a roadside mine blast in Mazar-e-Sharif, the capital city of the province.

Provincial Police Spokesman, Adilshah Adil said the blast has targeted a police vehicle while patrolling in PD 8th of the city, where two others were wounded.

No militant group, including the Taliban, has so far claimed responsibility for the blast.

Mazar-e-Sharif has recently been under serious security restriction due to annual celebration of New Year’s ceremony “Nawroz”, however due to spiraling of coronavirus outbreak, the government had cancelled the ceremony across Afghanistan.

About admin

Check Also

Afghanistan records 315 new COVID-19 cases, three deaths in a day

AT News KABUL: Afghanistan has recorded 315 new cases of coronavirus and three deaths around …