Blast strikes non-governmental agency in Nangarhar, killing 3
AT Monitoring Desk-A blast struck a non-governmental agency in eastern Nangarhar province, killing at least three people and injuring six others, an official said Thursday.
Attaullah Khogyani, the provincial governor’s spokesman, told ZamanNews that the blast targeted People’s Protection Office, which is working for people’s welfare in Khogyani district of the volatile province.
Three staffers of the public-utility organization were killed and six others were wounded, he said.
The mine had already been placed inside the meeting room of the organization and exploded when the staffs were holding a plenary session, the spokesman said.
Nangarhar has been the target of numerous terrorist attacks over the past months, with terrorists rampaging through towns and villages and killing mostly civilians.
Earlier this week, a suicide bomber ploughed into a campaign rally of a candidate, killing 14 and wounding 50 others, in what was a clear manifestation of the Taliban’s hell-bent plot of disrupt the election process.
AT News China has pledged to help rebuild Afghanistan if the Taliban agree to join …