Abdul Zuhoor Qayomi-KABUL: The Wolesi Jirga (WJ) or Lower House of the parliament on Wednesday said that no list of the remaining cabinet was received so far.
Secretary of WJ, Urfanullah Urfan, told reporters that he has not received any new list of the remaining cabinet picks from the government though the administrative board has been elected.
Inaugurating the 16th round of the WJ, President Ashraf Ghani had vowed to send the remaining 17 picks for vote of confidence after the administrative board was elected.
While expressing his concerns over poor management of the ministries and provinces affairs by the care takers, Urfan said the lawmakers had asked the National Unity Government (NUG) leaders, particularly the president, to send the list of the remaining picks as soon as possible.
He said that incomplete cabinet was not only problem for the legislators but also for the citizens because the national economy is under pressure and thousands of people need jobs to put food on the table.
When asked about reintroducing of the nominees, who failed to get vote of confidence earlier, for another post, the secretary said that although there is no legal obstacle, but the government was urged to introduce new faces as reintroducing the rejected picks would damage reputation of the NUG.