Home / Latest Updates / Civilians among 5 killed in Nangarhar

Civilians among 5 killed in Nangarhar

AT Monitoring Desk-KABUL: Two senior Taliban commanders and three civilians were killed in an operation conducted by Afghan Special Forces in Lalpora district of eastern Nangarhar province, an official said on Sunday.

The operation was kicked off in Beli area of the district on Saturday night, Ghalib Mujahid, the district administrative chief told Pajhwok Afghan News.

He added, a Taliban commander, Liaqat and his deputy have been killed at a time when Afghan Special Forces raided a house where three civilians lost their lives and three insurgents’ sustained injuries in the incident.

However, according to him, civilians were targeted by the Taliban militants. “Some light and heavy weapons belonging to the Taliban insurgents have also been destroyed during the operation.”

Afghan forces received zero casualties on their part during raids, Mujahid added.

Taliban have not commented into the matter so far.

About admin

Check Also

Republic, Taliban delegations reach breakthrough in Afghan talks

AT News KABUL: The negotiating team of the Afghan government and Taliban delegation in Doha …

Leave a Reply