AT Monitoring Desk-KABUL: The chief executive Abdullah Abdullah said Monday that a new security plan was under work to avoid civilian causalities, stabilize educational institutions and prevent kidnapping incidents.
“The minister of interior and deputy minister of defense should answer about massacred 33 civilians in Ghor province, and killing of eight border soldiers in Torkham,” Abdullah said in a meeting of the council of ministers.
Alleged Daesh fighters killed 33 civilians last week after taking them hostage in Firozkoh district of the western Ghor province.
Government officials said the killings were carried out by a former Taliban unit who had defected from that insurgent group and declared allegiance to the Daesh.
In a separate incident, at least eight police officers were killed when militants attacked an outpost in Mohmand Dara district of the eastern province of Nangarhar, near the border with Pakistan.
Beside the security forces, the ongoing war has affected civilians, government and non-government institutions including the schools and hospitals.
“People are worried about the kidnappings, schools are closed. All these issues must be prevented and there is a new plan underway,” Abdullah added.
Politicians said the main reason behind insecurities and increasing problems are the tensions between the government leaders and their incompetency.
Taliban militants have increased attacks across the country, especially in the south and north provinces and the kidnappings have grown in many parts of the country.