KABUL: Afghan security forces have failed to arrest Commander Nizamuddin Qaisari despite conducting heavy clashes with use of helicopter gunships on his house in Mazar-e-Sharif, the capital city of northern Balkh province. Provincial officials confirmed that the clearing operation has been completed but the commander had succeeded to escape.
Adeldshah Adel, provincial police spokesman said the operation has been finished around 10 pm Sunday night.
Meanhwile, Police Chief, Ajmal Fayez has spoken out off Qaisari’s possible hidden in the nearby houses, said that the security forces were seriously investigating to find him.
In telephonic to BBC, Qaisari said that he was alive and is still in the area but he didn’t provide exact information about his location.
According to the police chief, over seven armed men loyal to Qaisari have been killed and two police personnel received injuries in the clashes – seven other armed men of Qaisari have been arrested in the operation.
On Monday, the security forces have surrounded the areas belong to Qaisari and the relatives of killed armed men has gathered to receive the dead bodies.
The provincial police department said that Qaisari’s arrest warrant has been certified by the judicial departments due to illegal and criminal acts. The efforts for his arrest are taking as Qaisari had earlier been released without court’s decree after being hostage for more than sixth months. He was accused of violation of human rights in that time.
The ministry of interior has once again announced the arrest of the commander after a numbers of complaints were published by the residents of Mazar-e-Sharif.
Meanwhile some sources believe that Qaisari has harbored to Dostum and asked for his support. But spokesman for the Hezb-e-Junbish, Bashir Ahmad Tayanj has denied the rumors, saying that they didn’t know about Qaisari’s location and, “we don’t know if he was at that house, while operation was going on.”