AT-KABUL: Ministry of Defense (MoD) on Sunday reported of the Khalid Operation launch to defeat insurgents across the country.
“Khalid Operation in advance will concentrate on the areas with high threats,” said Deputy Deputy Army Chief of Staff General Murad Ali Murad.
In a press briefing here he said that this operation would be backed by ground and air forces.
As terrorist using different ways to conduct terrorist activity current year will be more challenged year, but Afghan forces are will capable and prepared to rebuff the threats, he added.
He insisted that Taliban and other terrorist groups including Daesh were defeated last year by Afghan forces, and they will be defeated this year as well in the country.
Afghan forces capacity increase day by day and are equipped well than last year, thus they bravely fight against threats nationwide, he added.
He said that currently anti-insurgents raids going on in different provinces throughout the country.
Pointing to recent airstrike attack by US forces against Daesh, he said we will use all possible means against terrorist group in the country.