KABUL: The kidnappers have warned to cut the hand of Abdul Rauf, who how kidnapped nearly two years ago in Mazar-e-Sharif, capital of Balkh province, the family said on Wednesday, saying that the abductors demand in return for the releasement of the child.
Rauf, 11, was abducted while he was on his way to school in Mazar-e-Sharif.
The kidnappers have yet to let go of 11 year old, Rauf.
The parents of Rauf came to Kabul to seek the government’s help in the rescue of their child. The family blamed the former and current government for failing to rescue him.
“Now that the Islamic Emirate has come into power, why has (Rauf) not been found?… the governor belongs to the Islamic Emirate and so does the provincial commander of intelligence. Why has he still not been found within the past seven months?” said Haji Nabi, father of Rauf.
Zahra, Rauf’s mother, says that she has lost sleep since the abduction of her son. She said that the Islamic Emirate would be responsible if anything happen to the boy.
“They said if that if we don’t pay them the ransom, they will cut the handoff of dear Abdul Rauf. He is an innocent child. Does the Islamic Emirate’s supreme leader have eyes to see and ears to listen?” she said.
The Islamic Emirate has not provided any remarks on this so far.
Kidnappers Warn to Cut Abducted-Abdul Rauf’s Hand: Family