AT-KABUL: Ministry of Justice (MoJ) on Sunday said that the grabbing of 3,040 acres of lands prevented in the past six months in the country.
MoJ personal succeeded to prevent usurping of 3,040 acres governmental land in the past six months, said MoJ in a press statement.
Statement added that 18 shops and 6 houses were also included in the lands avoided from grabbing.
Also the ministry has saved over 293 million Afs and $14 million for the government in the past six months.
MoJ will exert utmost efforts to prevent usurping of lands and defend from legal rights and documents in the country.
It is pertained to mention that MoJ informs of preventing of 3,040 acres of lands, while powerful people have usurped thousands of governmental and private lands in different part of the country in the past 16 years.
Last year, Afghanistan Freedom House Research Institute revealed a shocking statistic of land gabbing by powerful and a number of institutions in several provinces across the county.
The report indicated that around 1,297,000 acres of land have been grabbed so far nationwide.
In that time, it was also reported that most of grabbed lands were in Kabul, Herat, Balkh, Kandahar, Nangarhar, Kunduz, Kapisa, Baghlan, Takhar, Nemorz, Khost, Logar and Ghazni provinces.
Land grabbing has turned lucrative business for the powerful people who earned million of dollars in the past 16 years. However, the government has to take more efforts to retake all grabbed lands from Land Mafia.
In July, Ministry of Justice was also informed of saving lands. In the first six months of current year, thousands of acres of land more than 300 million Afghanis and 14 million dollars have been saved from being grabbed (MoJ) said in that time.