By Farhad Naibkhel-KABUL: At least 55 dead bodies were discovered in the Mirza Olang village after the security forces recaptured the valley in northern Sar-e-Pul province, officials said Wednesday.
Mirza Olang village of Sayyad district was massively attacked by Taliban with support of Daesh last week, and was under control of insurgents for one week. Militants after entering the village, opened fire at civilians and killed dozens of them including women and children.
On Tuesday, the Afghan forces pushed Taliban back from the village and captured it back.
“So far, 28 dead bodies have been taken out from two mass graves, and shifted to Sar-e-Pul for burial,” Provincial Spokesman, Zabihullah Amani told Afghanistan Times.
He elaborated that three children from 7-15 ages were among 28 dead bodies shifted to Sar-e-Pul, the capital city.
He added that 19 dead bodies have been also discovered in other two mass graves in the village.
Eight dead bodies were shifted earlier from the district, he said, adding that mostly the killed people belonged to Hazara ethnics.
This comes as the Taliban and Daesh militant were taken hostage a large number of residents, but later freed after mediation of tribal elders. Some 235 hostage civilians were rescued.