AT Monitoring Desk –KABUL: The Ministry of Interior (MoI) said Sunday that a group of men, allegedly involved in sexually assault of a teenager boy in northern Faryab province and gang rape and murder of two women in Takhar and Kunduz provinces, were arrested by police.
The MoI spokesman, Sediq Sediqi, said the dossiers of the arrested group would be sent to the Attorney General Office (AGO) for further investigation. He warned that such acts and crimes would not go unnoticed by the security forces, and they would leave no stone unturned to arrest such individuals.
“The security forces will not remain silent in this regard. They will arrest perpetrators,” he vowed. ”
At least two weeks back, unknown men sexually assaulted a teenager in Faryab, and later they reportedly killed the victim.
In another incident, a woman was raped and killed in Kunduz, and earlier on Saturday a group of men raped a girl and later killed her.
The Human Rights Commission termed the impunity culture, reluctance of judicial organizations and security forces in defending the rights of citizens as main reasons behind the incidents in Faryab, Kunduz and Takhar.
The CEO of the commission, Musa Mahmudi, said the main responsibility of the security forces is to ensure the citizens safety, particularly safety of women and children; therefore they should leave no stone unturned to prevent such incidents in the country. “Rape incidents have surged in a number of northern provinces in recent months and unfortunately women and children are still the highest victim of these crimes,” he added.
Blaming security forces for inattention in preventing violence against women and children, he said the security forces are requested to adopt concrete measure for ensuring safety of women and children in Afghanistan.
The Human Rights Commission has several times criticized the judiciaries for reluctance in punishing perpetrators of the violent cases against women and children.