AT-KABUL: More than 80 students of a private school in Herat province got poisoned on Saturday morning.
Provincial officials said the students got poisoned after eating boiled chick peas from a roadside vendor in front of the school.
However, there are conflicting reports about number of the poisoned students and reasons. The students were immediately shifted to a nearby hospital for treatment. Most of the boys were grade 3-6 students.
Though, no official is sure that how the students got poisoned, but the provincial police said the students started vomiting after eating the chick peas.
Spokesman to the provincial police Abdul Rauf Ahmadi said the police has launched probe to find out whether the students got poisoned after eating the chick peas or something else was responsible. He said the vendor was arrested.