KABUL: Militia leader Nezamuddin Qaisari has asked the government to provide him with a 1,200-strong force to ensure northern borders, sources close to the government said, as reports say of negotiations between the government and Qaisari.
Last year, the government launched a vast operation in Mazar-e-Sharif city, provincial capital of Balkh to apparently arrest Qaisari chased by police shortly after being released from government custody.
Now, sources say that Qaisari was negotiating with government.
The sources told Kabul News on Sunday that the fugitive militia leader is staying in a German military camp on the outskirts of Mazar-e-Sharif, and Germans are negotiating with the government on behalf of him.
According to the sources, Qaisari has also demanded five million dollars as compensation for his residence damaged in government’s operation in which at least 10 people were killed.
“A government delegation is in Mazar-e-Sharif and is talking to Qaisari’s men. Qaisari demands the government to provide an independent military unit to him so that he could ensure security in northern borders including important ports of Hairatan and Kunduz,” the sources said, adding that government has agreed with 600-man force, half of the number Qaisari demands.
The government, sources said that has accepted to compensate damages of Qaisari’s residence.
Meanwhile, Qaisari has written on Facebook to identify those who have “dealt on people’s blood”.