KABUL: A report released by the Afghanistan Independent Human Rights Commission holds Taliban responsible for most of civilian casualties. It calls for an immediate cease fire to put an end for killing of civilians.
31,113 civilians have been killed since the beginning of 2009 and another 62,662 wounded, said the report issued on Saturday.
Zabihullah Farhang, head of the commission’s media office, said that more than 4,000 children and over 2,000 women are included the victims.
Taliban rejected the report, accusing Kabul of killing and injuring civilians.
The commission’s report said that the war sides never bowed to people’s wills that is end of violence.
It called on both Afghan government and Taliban to immediately agree on a cease fire to reduce violence.
The United Nations office in Afghanistan said earlier that civilian casualties increased by 29 per cent in the first quarter of 2021.
The UNAMA said that 573 civilians were killed and 1,210 more injured during the mentioned period of time.