AT-KABUL: Roadside bomb blasts have killed 12 civilians in southern Kandahar and Urozgan provinces.
Muhammad Nayab, the spokesman for Uruzgan governor office, told Afghanistan Times that at least six people of have been killed and two others wounded when a roadside bomb struck a civilian vehicle in Dihrawood district of the province on Saturday. He said that vehicle was on its way to Tirinkot, the capital city of the province, when it hit the bomb. He added that the killed people include five men and one woman.
No one has claimed the responsibility of the blast so far.
In a separate incident, a roadside bomb explosion killed six civilians, including four women and two men, in Shah Wali Kot district of southern Kandahar province the other day. Samim Khpalwak, spokesman for the provincial governor office, said that all the killed people were members of the same family.
Khpalwak blamed the Taliban militants for the blast, however, no one has claimed the responsibility of the explosion so far.