AT-KABUL: At least 46 Taliban insurgents were killed and 15 others wounded in the joint clearing operations launched by the national security forces in different parts of the country, defense ministry said Sunday.
The ministry said in a statement that the “Afghan National Army in collaboration with the National Directorate of Security and the Afghan National Police launched multiple raids against the Taliban insurgents.”
The statement added that in the crackdowns carried out in the provinces of Badakhshan, Paktia, Kunduz, Nangarhar and Nooristan, 46 insurgents were killed and 15 others injured.
In the military operation the insurgents’ vehicles were demolished and 17 landmines were seized and confiscated by the security forces. “One Taliban commander named Taza Gul was also killed in the raids in Nooristan province,” the statement said. According to the statement, three Afghan soldiers had been injured during the operations, which were not specified.