AT-KABUL: At least three senior Taliban commanders have been killed in an Afghan Air Forces airstrike in eastern Laghman province, the Interior Ministry said in a statement on Monday.
Seven Taliban insurgents, including their three commanders were killed and three others received injuries after the Afghan Air Forces targeted their hideouts in Alingar district of the province, the statement added.
According to the statement, the Taliban’s coordination center, weapons and vehicles have been destroyed in the operation.
However, the Taliban insurgents have not commented into airstrike so far.
The killing of top commanders are taking place while recently two people, including National Directorate of Security (NDS) agent, were martyred and six other wounded in two separate blasts in Laghman.
Sarhadi Zwak, the governor’s spokesman in that time said the intelligence operative succumbed to his injures in hospital after the blast in the Gomeen area of Mehtarlam. He was injured in the blast on his way to office. In another blast, a civilian embarked martyrdom and six children were wounded.
Killing and destructive activities is not matter of daily in the province as building and rebuilding is also underway in the province. Dozens of reconstruction projects have been underway in eastern Laghman province and their execution will benefit more than half of the province’s population. In early December, provincial governor, Abdul Jabbar Naeemi, who inaugurated reconstruction work on a 630—meter long road, told reporters that road in Sultan Ghazni Baba Township would cost 12 million Afghanis. He also informed of construction work on 78 different schemes had been in progress and the projects would cost 1.5 billion Afghanis.
These projects are included asphalting of roads connecting districts with the provincial capital, Mehtarlam, the provincial ring road, subways, construction of state-buildings, parks and other areas.