KABUL: Following the US President Donald Trump’s remarks that the Taliban could possibly overrun the US backed government in Afghanistan after the foreign troop withdraw – the Presidential Palace has said that the Taliban’s comeback to seize the power is an “impossible hypothesis.”
President Ashraf Ghani’s Spokesman, Sediq Sediqqi said the current governmental system is well-strong to fight the Taliban fighters. “This country has been changed and now the Taliban regime is not acceptable for the people. We understand the threats posed by the Taliban because they still attack on our people, facilities and cities,” Seddiqi added.
Trump on Friday said the US cannot remain in Afghanistan for the next 20 years. “Countries have to take care of themselves,” Trump told reporters and added, “you can only hold someone’s hand for so long.”
BCC has quoted about three of American authorities, who wished to go unnamed, as saying that Washington’s intelligent information shows that the Taliban are not willing to stay committed to the peace agreement, which was signed between US and Taliban last Saturday in Qatar.
The Taliban has not stated any remarks regarding the issue so far.
Arg emphasized that the Taliban should get agree on continuation of reduction in violence, which is expected be led to a ceasefire, while the Taliban insist on releasing their 5,000 prisoners before ceasefire and intra-Afghan-talks.
But some of the political analysts believe that the Afghan government is still scrambling with its interior challenges.
A political analyst, Nasser Shafiq said the recent remarks of the US President could be considered as a warning towards the Afghan government due to current turmoil.
However, the U.S. and Russia in a joint statement said that the re-establishment of the “Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan” and that it would not be protected by international community and United Nations.