AT News Report
KABUL: The State Ministry for Peace Affairs has announced the negotiations were underway with China over details about the intra-Afghan talks, which is scheduled to be held next week in Beijing.
However, a governmental source who wished to be unnamed told Radio Azadi that the Kabul delegation would not participate in the China summit.
“If the acceptable standards are considered, the decision would be made about attending in this meeting,” said Najia Anwari spokesman for the ministry.
According to Najia, the Afghan government emphasized on inclusivity of the meeting and that the Kabul administration should play main rule in the process.
She said the peace ministry praised any kind of intra- Afghan talks, but expects that such efforts make positive progression in the peace process.
Najia called the Doha intra- Afghan talks useful, saying because of the selection of the participants and agenda of meeting, the talks have bright a specific peace path.
Meanwhile, the Taliban Qatar based political spokesman, Suhail Shaheen said their delegation, led by Abdul Ghani Bradar, have been invited to the China for a meeting regarding the Afghan Peace Process.
Shaheen added that Baradar met the Chinese Special Envoy for Afghanistan Affairs, Deen Shaijumon on Wednesday in Beijing.
“The meeting follows the former meetings held in Moscow and Qatar,” said Shaheen, adding, “all the participants attends on their personal capacity.”
The meeting comes days after, the US Defense Secretary’s trip to Afghanistan to facilitate the stalled peace talks and find a political solution to Washington’s longest war.
Meanwhile, the US Special Representative for Afghanistan Reconciliation, Zalmay Khalilzad on Monday kicked of its worldwide tripe over Afghan peace talks. He has held a meeting with NATO Secretary General, Jens Stoltenberg, where they exchanged views over Afghanistan.
“Our partners remain committed to supporting Afghanistan and creating the conditions for a peaceful settlement,” said Stoltenberg on his twitter page.
Khalilzad had earlier held nine rounds of peace talks with the Taliban representatives in Qatar but US President Donald Trump has called off the negotiation, accusing the Taliban of not being interested for stability in Afghanistan.