AT Monitoring Desk-KABUL: Despite striving hard police force is still clueless in finding whereabouts of the missing civilians kidnapped by Taliban nine days ago in southern Kandahar province.
The Taliban had seized civilians after attacking police-check posts on the Kandahar-Uruzgan highway in Shah Walikot district.
Police on Saturday said security forces have launched a searching operation in a bid to rescue the kidnapped civilians in a safe and sound way.
Kandahar police spokesperson, Zia Durrani quoted by told Pajhwok Afghan News as saying, “Taliban militants have ruthlessly killed seven civilians and released 30 while 33 innocent civilians are still in Taliban’s captivity.”
He added police and intelligence agencies are striving hard to tress the location of missing civilians, but so far there had been no progress.
Haji Mohammad Naeem, who was one among those released by Taliban after abduction said, “The Taliban used ladders and forced their way into civilians’ homes, tied the hands of men and took them with themselves.”
He added they were transferred to Paryan locality where Taliban were already present with tens of vehicles loaded with arms.
Police spokesman said families of the kidnapped civilians reaching up to 50 persons had been provided initial assistance.
He assured security forces would put all efforts on card for the safe and early recovery of the abducted civilians.
However, Taliban spokesman Qari Yousuf Ahmadi denied the captivity of civilians by Taliban militants. He said the group’s insurgents attacked police check-posts in Shah Walikot district few days back where they held 17 people during the clash but released all of them after conducting investigation.
The Kandahar-Uruzgan highway has been blocked for traffic for the past few days as a result of planting landmines by the militants on road.