AT-KABUL: As many as 25 shops were completely burnt after a major fire broke out at a market in northern Kunduz province, late the other night.
Sayed Jahangeer Keramat, a security official in the province, said that the fire was caused due to a short circuit. “A major fire at Azizi Market known as ‘Sara-e-Chaplak’ destroyed tens of shops. Fortunately, the firefighting team arrived on time and extinguish the fire before burning remaining shops,” he said.
According to an eyewitness that fire broke out around 8:00 pm the other night and the firefighting team managed to extinguish it at 11:00pm.
Owners of shops in the market said that goods worth of hundreds of Afghanis have been damaged. “The fire has burnt a large number of shops and there were goods worth of $20,000 to $30,000 in every shop,” said one of the affected shop keeper. He said that his three shops and one warehouse have been burnt in the fire.