AT-Kabul: At least 15 people, including three NATO personnel, were killed and 66, all civilians, were injured on Saturday in a suicide car bombing targeting a NATO convoy in Kabul, Afghan and NATO spokesmen said.
The dead included three civilian contractors with the military alliance, NATO press office in Kabul said in a statement. The suicide bomber was also killed in the attack.
Afghan Health Ministry spokesman, Wahidullah Mayar, said 11 Afghan civilians were also killed and 66 more, including six women and five children, were injured in today’s attack.
Blast took place near to a private hospital in a residential area and rush hours of the day, when people returning home from work.
The Taliban denied responsibility. “No plan of any attack today in Kabul” Taliban spokesman, Zabihullah Mujahid, said.
The violence prompted Afghan President Ashraf Ghani to urge Pakistan to crackdown on Taliban insurgents in the country’s northern tribal areas.
NATO and US forces last year ended their combat mission in Afghanistan.