Home / Latest Updates / Daesh attack foiled in Nangarhar; Terrorist acts leave 27 people wounded

Daesh attack foiled in Nangarhar; Terrorist acts leave 27 people wounded

By Farhad Naibkhel-KABUL: In two separate incidents of violence, at least 27 people, mostly civilians have been injured in eastern Nangarhar province on early Monday morning, officials said.

In the first attack, 15 people, all of them civilians received injuries after fighters loyal to the Daesh extremist group stormed the provincial Education Department of the Ministry of Education in Jalalabad, the provincial capital.

“A group of four Daesh bombers attacked educational department,” Provincial Governor Spokesman, Attaullah Khogyani told Afghanistan Times, adding it was around 09:50 local time when the incident occurred.

Initially, one suicide bomber blew himself up at the entrance gate aimed at opening way for other three Daesh militants to storm the educational department, he added. However, the insurgent’s struggle to enter the compound had been dashed to the ground with killing all the attackers.

“Few minutes after attack, all the three attackers gunned down by security forces,” the governor spokesman said. The Daesh attackers were armed with heavy and light weapons.

Meanwhile, a vehicle full of explosives materials have been confiscated before to went off.

Beside civilians, a policeman also wounded in the attack, the ministry of interior confirmed in a statement—also informing of seizing a rocket rifle and 2-Ak-47 belonged to the killed attackers.

Moreover, provincial hospital spokesman, Enamullah Miakhil said so far 10 wounded people have been shifted to hospital, and currently under medical treatment.

Reacting to the incident, the Ministry of Education has strongly condemned the anti-education move of the militants. The Ministry termed attack against an education compound as an attack against all rule and regulations of education principles.

However, in second attack occurred in Charpahr district of the province, 12 civilians were wounded. Talking over incident, Khogyani saidroadside mine went off during an entertainment program at around 9:00am local time on Monday morning, injuring dozen residents of the district.The mine was placed by the enemies.

Roadside mine is considers one of mina weapon of the militants to use against the Afghan and foreign forces, but unfortunately, it always ended up with taking civilians lives.

According to him, nine wounded people have been discharged after being treated, but three others still under treatment, but out of danger.

Though, both the insurgent groups “Taliban, and Daesh” are active in the province, but so far there is no immediate claim of responsibility by any of them.

About admin

Check Also

Editorial: Terrorism is condemned

A deadly scourge of violence has descended upon Afghanistan, precipitating the internecine war and human …

Leave a Reply