AT-KABUL: Taliban insurgents killed seven of 70 passengers they had earlier abducted along the Kandahar-Uruzgan highway, said officials.
“At least 70 civilians were abducted by Taliban in series of attack in Kandahar-Urzgan highway in the past four days,” said Kandahar Governor Spokesman Samim Khpolwak.
He said that seven out of 70 abducted were killed by Taliban on Saturday.
A number of the kidnapped people were released, but still 33 abducted people are in Taliban lock up, he added.
Before abducting the passengers, heavy clashes were going on between Taliban and Afghan forces, in which heavy casualty incurred to Taliban, he noted.
He said that all the abducted people are civilians from Shahwali kot district of Kandahar, the district located near to the highway.
He said that operation to find clue for releasing of abducted people have been started and going on in the area.
Clashes ended in Kandahar-Uruzgan highway, but the area was contaminated with landmines, so Afghan forces struggling to clean the area, he underlined.