Home / Latest Updates / Three foreigners injured in Kabul attack

Three foreigners injured in Kabul attack

By Farhad Naibkhel-KABUL: At least three foreigners were wounded, after a suicide attacker targeted foreign troops’ convoy in Shah Shaheed area in Kabul on Tuesday morning.

According to initial report a suicide attacker driving a Corolla model car has targeted the convoy of foreign forces in Shah Shaheed area of the capital city at around 11:30am, said spokesman to the capital police, Ebadullah Karimi.

He said that three foreigners were injured in the attack on NATO’s “Resolute Support” mission’s convoy. However, no civilian casualty was reported.

Nationality of the injured could not be ascertained. It is also unclear that whether the wounded foreigners were civilians or soldiers, he added.

According to eyewitnesses, the explosion was so heavy that it shook the nearby buildings and shattered windows.

Meanwhile, the Resolute Support in a media statement has confirmed the attack on coalition forces in Kabul at approximately 11:30am. “No coalition forces were killed as a result of this attack. We are gathering further information on this incident,” the mission said.

The Taliban’s spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid has claimed responsibility for the attack on Twitter.

This was the second attack in the past one week, targeting foreigners’ convoy in Kabul City. Last week, a Taliban car bomber targeted a convoy of NATO troops in 3rd Macroryan area of the Afghan capital killing one civilian and wounding over 20 others.

About admin

Check Also

Protection sought for civilians affected in Helmand violence

AT News KABUL: UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, has called for urgent protection and assistance …

Leave a Reply