Hundreds of civilians killed by airstrikes in past three months in Wardak
AT-KABUL: Tribal elders claim that hundreds of civilians had been killed by the Afghan and foreign airstrikes during the past three months in the Jaghatoo district of Wardak province, demanding the government to stop such strikes that take only the lives of civilians.
In a gathering in Kabul, these tribal elders said that the warplanes drop bombs mostly on the houses that kill and injure residents.
They blamed defense ministry for not making a procedure to prevent killing of civilians, while Afghan and foreign troops kill people instead of Taliban fighters.
They raised the voices of Jaghatoo district residents to the government leaders, warning that they could not tolerate the situation anymore.
At least 12 people were killed when Afghan and foreign air forces targeted a house in the Mollah Hafiz village of Jaghatoo district some two weeks back.
In another operation launched by army’s Special Forces in the Nerkh district of Wardak province, five civilians were killed on Monday.
The defense ministry says that new procedure prepared by President Ghani would help security forces to prevent civilians.
AT News Report KABUL: At least four people, including two civilians and two members of …